Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cute Misunderstandings

Every night, Tim or I rock with Ginny and sing her songs before going to bed. Every night, while we are singing, she keeps up a running commentary on her interpretation of the songs. Here are a couple of cute misunderstandings from last night's songs.

The first was You are My Sunshine. When I got to the line about, "You'll never know, dear, how much I love you, so please don't take my sunshine away", Ginny asked in a very concerned voice "A deer took me away?"

The next was Rock a Bye Baby, when I was singing "and down will come baby - cradle and all." Ginny asks in a surprised voice, "I'm a doll??"

She's also convinced that the Ramone's song "Sheena is a Punk Rocker" is actually all about her ("Ginny is...a punk rocker...Ginny is...")

No comments:

Post a Comment