Sunday, February 8, 2009

Frivol-ous

My first major attempt at an intricate cabled hat. After slowly working on it many a late night, it is finally finished - cable grafting and all. Despite my pleas, the little munchkins kept interrupting me during that important grafting section (which had to be done in daylight hours, trust me). I have to admit I got a teensy bit short with them after the 3rd or 4th time. So, after much whispering amongst them, the totally cute kids put up a sign on the doorway to my knitting room that said “No Entry - Please be quiet. Angry mommy knitting. No disturbance.” Well, after that I didn’t get much done, because we were all laughing too hard…but I did finish it eventually. So, without further ado, here is Frivol (for you non-knitter types, that's actually the name of the pattern...)



I'm now working on writing a pattern for mittens to match the hat. I've test-knit the left one, but am not thrilled with it. The top just isn't right yet.



So, I'll continue to modify it as I knit the right one. (Of course, that does mean I will end up with mis-matched mittens, but who really looks all that closely, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment