Thursday, March 19, 2009

Purple Lips

Ahh, that Catholic guilt...even 6 yr olds must be susceptible to it.

Before I begin the story, let me note that when I woke up Aaron this morning, I noticed that his lips were purple. Seemed a bit strange to me, but he acted fine, so I didn't give it much more thought. (But, it was weird.)

Anyway, back to the story. So, I was making lunches this morning and could have sworn there was a brand new box of fruit roll-ups in the cupboard that I had just bought last night. But I couldn't find it anywhere. I asked the kids, "Didn't we just have a brand new box of fruit roll ups?" They all gave me the "Mom, its 7:30am and I'm sleepy" look and shrugged.

But, a few minutes later, Aaron sidles up to me and whispers, "Mom, I got hungry in the middle of the night. And, I ate the fruit roll ups." I asked (trying not to giggle), "All of them? In the middle of the night?" And, he whispered "yep".

I couldn't be angry, because I was too busy, first of all, being happy that he admitted what he did (and that I hadn't imagined the existence of the fruit roll-ups). But, second, the image of him stumbling in his sleep to the kitchen and stuffing his face full of EIGHT fruit roll-ups one after the other in the middle of the night was just too funny. And, he even remembered to throw away all the wrappers and recycle the box afterwards!

It also explained the purple lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment